Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
How to Create Highly Effective Professional Learning Communities (PLCs)
$999.00 for 1 month
This professional development lesson is designed to equip educators with the skills and knowledge to develop and participate effectively in PLCs, with an emphasis on the utilization of data to really drive decision-making and improve student outcomes.
Full Day Professional Development (approximately 6 hours to complete).
Skill Building for Educators in this Workshop:
- Understanding Professional Learning Communities (PLCs): Teachers will gain an in-depth understanding of what PLCs are, their purpose, roles & responsibilities and how PLCs can be effectively used.
- Building Collaborative Teams: Strategies for building collaborative teams within PLCs, focusing on fostering trust, open communication, and mutual respect among members.
- Tools for Success 40-Minute Protocol for PLC Meetings: Teachers will learn Tools for Success’ specific, highly effective protocol for conducting PLC meetings. This includes setting the agenda, focusing discussions on data and student learning, and ensuring productive and efficient use of time.
- Goal Setting and Action Plans: How to set realistic and achievable goals within PLCs and develop action plans to meet these goals.
- Implementing and Monitoring Strategies: Educators will learn how to implement the strategies discussed in PLC meetings and monitor their progress and effectiveness in improving student learning.
- Reflecting and Adapting: The benefits of reflection within PLCs, including how to assess the effectiveness of the PLC itself and make necessary adjustments to practices and approaches.
Effective Professional Learning Communities (PLCs) can significantly improve student outcomes in various ways:
- Collaborative Learning Environment: PLCs create a culture of collaboration among teachers leading to more effective teaching practices and improved student learning.
- Focus on Data-Driven Instruction: This targeted approach ensures that instruction is responsive to student needs, resulting in better academic outcomes.
- Consistency in Educational Practices: PLCs help in standardizing educational practices across a school or district. This consistency ensures that all students receive high-quality instruction, regardless of which classroom they are in.
- Shared Responsibility for Student Success: This collective approach can lead to more comprehensive strategies to support student learning.
- Problem-Solving Approach: By collaboratively analyzing problems and implementing solutions, PLCs can overcome obstacles that might impede student learning.
- Customized Learning Interventions: PLCs can develop customized intervention strategies for students who are struggling, ensuring that interventions are timely and tailored to specific needs.
- Encouraging Innovation and Experimentation: In a supportive PLC environment, educators are more likely to try new teaching methods and innovative practices, which can lead to more effective learning experiences for students.
- Enhanced Communication: Effective PLCs improve communication among teachers, administrators, and other stakeholders. This improved communication ensures that everyone is aligned on educational goals and strategies for students.
After completing enrollment, schools will have unlimited access to this course for 30 days.
Getting started is as easy as 1-2-3.
Step 1 – Select the COURSE you would like to purchase.
Step 2 – Select the DATE you would like the video access to begin. Reminder, you will have unlimited access for 30 days. Therefore, please select the date you would like the access to begin. For your convenience you may schedule up to 6 months in advance.
Step 3 – Checkout! Once the checkout process is completed you will receive a copy of your signed agreement and a link to the video accessible on the start date you selected. An invoice will arrive a few days later.
Empowering Teachers, Engaging Administrations and Equipping Leaders Together.